Y’all have been tempting me with your declious looking bread. I realize a bread machine is going to make simple loafs and not the stuff that’s usually posted here, but curious on thoughts if they’re worth it?

I’m low on time and lazy. I won’t make bread if I have to whip out my KitchenAid and dough hook. Tossing some ingredients in a machine I can do though, plus it could make the dough for more complex things too if I do occasionally have the energy.

Should I do it?

• amzd@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 months ago

Yes it is extremely convenient. If you want even more convenience you can even buy full bread mix bags that have yeast / fat / seeds already added and you just add water. The bread that comes out using the mix is quite a bit better than regular and it’s an easy way to rid animal products from a large part of your diet (if you eat a lot of bread like me)

• Coreidan@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 months ago

If you’re trying to be healthy you need to watch out for excessive starch intake like bread. Eating lots and lots of bread isn’t good for your blood sugar levels and will put extra strain on your liver. Just something to watch out for.

• amzd@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        4 months ago

I mean I am not substituting meat with bread. Just the bread with milk in it from the store with the bread I bake at home.