Hey all,

We’ve received several reports, both on Lemmy and off Lemmy, regarding common trigger warning terms, particularly those related to suicide and death topics. I understand that for many of us, this subject has had devastating impacts, and it may be something we never fully recover from. I, too, have been personally affected by these topics. Warhammer and related games have a grim and dark tone, and this community often serves as a place to escape from such darkness. Grimdank, in my opinion, playfully explores these dark subjects. After all, how many universes have ritualistic sacrifice for space travel? However, we must acknowledge that death and related subjects can be a sensitive and challenging grey area. There is a fine line between using “kys” as a meme and as a threat. From the contexts I have seen, “kys” was used in a joking manner to emphasize the absurdity of the entities involved.

As a human, if you are affected by these topics, I am truly sorry. I understand how you feel, even though I wish I didn’t have to.

As a mod, I’ve decided to keep the memes in place.

Content Triggers will not be required. However, if you feel like adding them for your fellow gamers, I won’t stop you.

Remember, you can continue to utilize the report function if you feel something is crossing a line. Additionally, feel free to utilize the voting function to promote the content you want and downvote what you feel shouldn’t be here. That’s why we have a voting system in place – to ensure the community’s voice is heard. Your active participation is vital in maintaining a healthy and enjoyable space for everyone.

If you believe this to be a mistake, please leave your opinions below, or if you feel uncomfortable expressing your thoughts in a public setting, message me at t.me/TofuWater.

Your Ork Daddy,

TofuWater

TL;DR:

Reports have been received about trigger warning terms related to suicide/death topics on Lemmy and elsewhere. While we understand the sensitivity, the memes will stay. Content Triggers aren’t mandatory, but you can add them if you wish. Use the report and voting functions to maintain the community’s quality. Feel free to share your opinions or concerns. Message me privately if needed.