I have my first child due very soon. It’s already been an internal oddysey for me during pregnancy and I’m aware that that’s just the beginning of it. But you lot are on the other side of the birth, so:

What should I understand right now to help me keep the courage and love to embrace this?

Also, a very humble request that you could spare a wish that our baby is born well. I really want it and anything might help!

Thanks!

• 86d@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 months ago

Remember your well being is just as important. which does mean you need to know when you need a break too. A baby can cry for it a bit. It will be fine. Have patience and know nothing will go perfectly. It seems difficult but a lot will change once you are on your way home and it feels like you’re stealing a baby from the hospital. You got it.

• ᴇᴍᴘᴇʀᴏʀ 帝@feddit.uk
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 months ago

Remember your well being is just as important. which does mean you need to know when you need a break too. A baby can cry for it a bit. It will be fine.

A friend still speaks fondly of the time I popped around because she had got out of hospital with her baby and it turned out I was the first visitor so she passed the baby over and went off for a shower. As long as someone semi-competent is keeping an eye on them, you know the crying isn’t some disaster that requires immediate attention.

I’m not sure where everyone else was but I think they were letting mum and baby have bonding time, when mum really wanted some non-baby time. So don’t be shy about asking for help. Or telling people to stay away if that’s what’s required too. If you leave people to their own devices it’s probably not going to be exactly what’s needed at any one time.

• abadidonque@feddit.ukOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 months ago

Thanks, I think I needed to hear that. I definitely have a tendency to try and ‘over-perform’ and it doesn’t usually help! Will try and take it steady