I have my first child due very soon. It’s already been an internal oddysey for me during pregnancy and I’m aware that that’s just the beginning of it. But you lot are on the other side of the birth, so:

What should I understand right now to help me keep the courage and love to embrace this?

Also, a very humble request that you could spare a wish that our baby is born well. I really want it and anything might help!

Thanks!

• ZombieBait@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 months ago

Wishing baby, mom, and you the best of health. Lots of awesome advice here already but I’ll add that depending where you are, and if you’ll need it, you might want start looking into daycare now. Waitlists around here are months long.
    Also, if there are pre-natal classes available, definitely check those out. My wife got a ton of good information but there was also lots of advice for the dads there too.
    One final bit of advice which others have already mentioned, but is worth repeating is to have patience. Some days are going to be a slog and it will feel like things will never get back to the comfortable life you had before. And they actually won’t, but you’ll find yourself in a way better place than you could have imagined back then. I recommend the song You Ruined Everything which sums it up pretty well.