• MissJinx@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    4 months ago

well where is the link for your game? 42 people that could have checked out your game liked this post. You are not good at marketing lol

• j4k3@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 months ago

Judging by what would have happened if they had directly posted marketing, and now at 6 hours, this might be next level guerilla, like google-class marketing. And as far as isolation execution, probably top notch. Indiscernible conclusively as to whether it is dumb luck or next level strategic. With a indie dev in question, I lean towards the ladder and tip my hat.

• NocturnalMorning@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 months ago

You gotta build a following before releasing your game. I’m streaming my game development to help with that, also do game jams in my spare time. When it’s closer to being done I’ll reach out to some big streamers on YouTube and offer to pay them to play my game, and maybe even do a cheap bit of advertising If I can. May create a website for it even. People can’t play what they don’t know about. You have a lot of work to do to get your game noticed. I’m going through it right now. Best of luck!

• Mika@mastodon.gamedev.placeOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      4 months ago

Thank you, best of luck to you as well! I have done most of those steps but for my first game I have no big expectations.

• NocturnalMorning@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        4 months ago

Same, I’m trying to manage my expectations as well. If it doesnt do well, it doesn’t do well. I’ll just keep adding to the game, and working to add content to it.

• Danil@mastodon.gamedev.place
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    4 months ago

@wawe @memes in releasing indie game you have much better chances of winning than in lottery.
    Release multiple games, make simplest concepts to randomly get one of game to trends

• dangblingus@lemmy.dbzer0.com
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    4 months ago

I love indie games of all genres, but you know what turns me off about some indie games? Terrible artwork. Like, mobile game quality, AI quality, bland artwork. Pay an artist a little bit of money to get a banger of a logo/steam banner and I will definitely not immediately click away.

• taanegl@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        4 months ago

Wait, you haven’t read Shirley Jackson’s “The Lottery”? It’s required reading for first year lit students. Hold on. *puts on reading glasses and starts reading*

The morning of June 27th was clear and sunny, with the fresh warmth of a full-summer day; the flowers were blossoming profusely and the grass was richly green…

[…]

…“It isn’t fair,” she said. A stone hit her on the side of the head. Old Man Warner was saying, “Come on, come on, everyone. ” Steve Adams was in the front of the crowd of villagers, with Mrs. Graves beside him.

“It isn’t fair, it isn’t right,” Mrs. Hutchinson screamed, and then they were upon her.

The end.