I’ve put together a collage of some books from last months What are you Reading? post. It’s mostly random, but the more discussion something gets the more it stands out to me. Going forward I’m going to make a new post every month to talk about what people are reading.

Here is last months post. What are you Reading? (July 2023)

At any rate, what are you currently reading or plan to read in August?

• Razzmadazz@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

Gave these a go after getting a bit bored of the series and wow, I wish I read them before spoiling the story beats for myself by watching it

Still, once you get past where amazon are leaving the series it gets even better - screw Cas Anvar

Finished the last book and immidately read Memories Legion, which I heartily recommend too, fills in some interesting gaps and interactions that were only lightly touched on throughout the series

• uncle_bagel@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

I loved the series, but i think the books make the main characters much more relatable while the series makes the secondary characters really shine. I’ve been reading all the books, but have thrown other things in between like LoTR, The Foundation, and Hornblower which has made me excited to start the next Expanse book.