• olivebranch@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    7 months ago

Yes, it would be helpful. People are less likely to rebel if they think majority supports the government.

• fine_sandy_bottom
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      7 months ago

Sorry this is just retarded.

Don’t vote so when you lose the election you can say there’s no support for the guy that won?

• olivebranch@lemmy.ca
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        7 months ago

I don’t think you shouldn’t vote, I just think there is no much use in it because there are both pros and cons that are more or less the same. If everybody voted for lesser of two evils everything would be the same as is now, if nobody voted it would be clear that we have no democracy at least. Either way, our effort should be placed in supporting party candidates, but in building our own communites and self-governing ourselves directly.

• fine_sandy_bottom
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          7 months ago

Sorry mate, if you think both parties are more or less the same then I don’t think I can reason with you. Good day.

• olivebranch@lemmy.ca
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            7 months ago

Well they are funded by same donors and vote similar laws. They do have different PR strategy but their actions on important issues are always the same.

• fine_sandy_bottom
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              7 months ago

A “PR strategy” is not how I would describe installing an autocratic dictator.

• olivebranch@lemmy.ca
                link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                ·
                7 months ago

Both parties have autocratic dictator. Biden sidestepped congress to fund genocide in Gaza. Trump is no better of course.