• Penang Kia@monyet.cc
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    11 months ago

Someone just passive-aggressively reminded me I could block people on Mastodon, and if I can’t adhere to CW requests perhaps I should get off Mastodon. Wow, I’ve only beeon on the Internet since 1999, Twitter since 2008 and Mastodon last November. I don’t know how to block ah? Wah.

these Mastodon HOA people are one kind.

PS: A few days ago, I blew my top when someone told me to CW my food photos. Since food is the way us Malaysians talk to each other on Mastodon, I feel it’s really too much they ask me to CW. Since then a few people explained that food can be triggering to people with eating disorders. But then other people say CW can also worsen eating disorders. Apalah you cannot win. Why don’t they leave us alone lol. I think i’ll just limit my posts to #MakanApaToday and #FediTiam and exclude #Food cos I dah fed up with the HOA* people. This is sad cos I use #Food so we can reach non-Malaysians, but it attracts the hornets. Maybe I use #expatasia instead (someone asked me to include the hashtag so the expats can find these posts)

All of this nonsense makes me glad that we have a “safe” space here on monyet.cc, where we can be completely Malaysian without some reply dude/dudette come and lecture you for melanggar some cultural rule you are not even aware of. I feel more relaxed here. A bit sad. I now understand why Black Twitter never felt comfortable enough in the Fediverse.

*Home Owners Association - people on Mastodon who patrol it to make sure everyone behave and follow rules. Like prefects, but worse.

• Thebigbot@monyet.cc
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

Youtube (& Youtubers) really want us to watch Oppenheimer. Every other video on my feed is about either the atom bomb or th WWII, Japan’s conflict specifically.

• ruk_n_rul@monyet.cc
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    11 months ago

found our jiran: lemmy.my.id
    there’s a couple more but this is the largest, at 76 users.

I’m surprised Malaysians are the most engaged in the #redditmigration compared to our neighbours. Nobody in Sg made an instance of their own (searched via https://lemmyverse.net).

p.s. maling’d so hard they even claimed the .my 😭