• cendawanita@monyet.cc
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

There’s nothing more delightful (I’m not even being sarcastic) to find one of the first messages waiting for you upon waking up is more fedi drama. It’s like fandom_wank has returned in my life except more serious because it involves actual nazis

• Annoyed_🦀 🏅@monyet.cc
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

Yep, we have plan to do that in the future but if you inclined to create and maintain one, please do.

Do keep in mind though, because the content for classified is easier to generate, we might see an influx of ads post all across the front page, which isn’t good for anyone, including the fediverse(we might get mail from other instance to take action or get defederated). So it’s better to have ground rule attached, and specify what sort of post is allowed.

Better yet if you went through all the submission, or have a scheduled post that refresh every few days.

• ruk_n_rul@monyet.cc
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        11 months ago

I wish in the future Lemmy devs would give its software tools to fine tune the algorithm, like lowering exposure for the planned classifields community.

• oyenyaaow@lemmy.zip
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

Massacre at Tripod The Web hosting company over the weekend axes hundreds of fan-created pages, as well as anti-Malaysian government protest sites.

search for something else, did not expect to see that

• ruk_n_rul@monyet.cc
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      11 months ago

scores of pro-“Buffy the Vampire Slayer” fan sites

idk which one’s the collateral, that or Mahafiraun

• ruk_n_rul@monyet.cc
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    11 months ago

I need examples for enshittified platforms i.e. websites that have gone to shit. We got TwitterX, Reddit, what else?

And preferably with counter-examples e.g. Masto and Lemmy.

• loaExMachina@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      11 months ago

Tumblr’s been getting shittier for a long time. They lost alot of popularity when banning nudity back in 2018, and then they introduced “blaze”, where you pay for visibility… Some people started returning when Twitter and Reddit turned to shit, but the platform had already deteriorated so much, the only ones who still chose it over the Fediverse are people whose think it’s too complicated to use.