• Mr_Blott@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    4 months ago

My experience precisely. If I can’t find it on mobilism.org, off to myanonymouse. Btw they’re amazing and the servers cost a ton, small donations make a huge difference

I’ve never been unable to find films etc that I wanted on public trackers, especially with the search function on Qbittorrent. Don’t see the need for elitist wanks on private trackers

I doubt they’d even have the obscure stuff that won’t download… Hold on…

The only one sitting at 0% is “Vacuuming Completely Nude In Paradise”, an odd British film. I doubt even a private tracker would have that

• Nollij@sopuli.xyz
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 months ago

Many private trackers, and even a few public ones, have a request forum. The private ones reward users that fill these requests, so they are often effective.

There are some very accessible private trackers (sometimes referred to as semi-private) that meet these requirements. Once you get set up, they can be very set-and-forget. Just avoid the forums.

• Mr_Blott@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        4 months ago

Yay, one film in the last two years that I could’ve obtained if I had a private tracker instead of public ones

Think I’ll survive, thanks! 😁

• KnightontheSun@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      4 months ago

Replying to say that I will check mine tomorrow. Too late tonight.

Edit: Mine did not have this film. :(

• theskyisfalling@lemmy.dbzer0.com
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 months ago

I don’t even look anywhere else any more for book related content, straight there, I really like it there. Haven’t been using it for long but already donated and will be doing so again when I am able to for sure!