• sping@lemmy.sdf.org
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 months ago

I am giving you an opportunity to explain what you mean.

In the numerous discussions I’ve seen on this I’ve never seen it done. Recognizing a reality of our predicament is choosing a particular monstrous ethos in response, apparently, and no, they won’t explain.

• eleitl@lemmy.mlOPM
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 months ago

You’re correct. The poster has called me names and refused to explain what he meant.

• Hillmarsh@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 months ago

A lot of these younger leftists are authoritarian and anti-intellectual, and react with hostility to any disagreement with their beliefs. This was a problem on Reddit and it’s a problem on Lemmy. I don’t know what happened to the left, but when I was young they were the intellectual and rational ones. These days, anything other than “fully automated luxury communism” is ecofascism I suppose. Yes, they do take the view that an accurate assessment of our predicament makes you a terrible person.

Also blaming white people for this is inappropriate as there is basically no part of the world today that’s on a sustainable trajectory in the scenario of energy descent.

• eleitl@lemmy.mlOPM
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        4 months ago

That’s an easy one. These people are not left. The movement as a whole has died. There are still individuals who are left, but organizations no longer.

• possibly a cat@lemmy.mlM
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        4 months ago

The collapse community is filled with anarchists. What are you suggesting that is considered ecofascism by these authoritarians? And where is this growing anti-intellectualism on the left?