Hi so I’m following the docker compose section on Installing I2P in Docker, the docker image pulls and deploys fine but how do I make it so the router is accessible outside its own network as can’t get to http://127.0.0.1:7657/ as the container is running inside a virtual machine. Is there any way to change the config so I can access the router via the LAN IP address instead of the loopback IP?

• factor@lemmy.dbzer0.com
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

for it to listen on all interfaces for that specific port. Notice that you need to remove the “network_mode: host” to be able to mapp ports. you will need to mapp all the ports that the service is using.

version: "3.5"
    services:
        i2p:
            image: geti2p/i2p
            network_mode: host
            volumes:
                - ./i2pconfig:/i2p/.i2p
                - ./i2ptorrents:/i2psnark
        ports:
          - 7657:7657

• NonDollarCurrency@monero.town
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Thanks for this, I figured it out this exact way as well. Not really documented to do it this way so probably worth updating the documentation and the i2p compose script.

• 0v0@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Also not a docker user, but I notice the tutorial states:

That means that the services in the list above which are bound to 127.0.0.1 (which include the router console) will need to be accessed via other methods like ssh tunneling or be manually configured to bind to a different interface.

What is your host OS? On linux you can use iptables/nftables to setup a forward.