hi, so for me when I need an image search or looking for a specific content, yandex is king for me. BUT for the love of Zeus all mighty, I usually get the f’en captcha. and after entering correct responses over and over again but still not progress, I give up. I use FF and brave, nextdns and protonvpn I ain’t dropping those. but what do I do? 😭 alternative website? workaround? bend the knee, I.e. drop vpn/nextdns? tx 4 reading.

• nfntordr@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

I get the same thing but for google when I search and VPN is on, so annoying. Any way to bypass it? (sorry for hijacking)

• u/lukmly013 💾 (lemmy.sdf.org)@lemmy.sdf.org
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

Same. I also tried the voice accessibility option. I have no idea how you’re meant to hear any numbers in that. Yandex captcha really calls for being solved by AI because there’s no way a human can do it anymore.

As for workaround, do your search first, then switch to images instead of the other way around.

• riley0@lemmy.dbzer0.com
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

I get far fewer on Yandex than on Google. For me, the Yandex captcha has recently switched from text to putting symbols in order. So far, I get in on the 1st try. Startpage is my default search engine. No captchas whatsoever.

• jet@hackertalks.com
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

It’s probably the VPN. Does Yandex have an account you can log into? If you’re logged in will it still give you the captchas?

• free@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

hmm haven’t tried the login method. I’ll try next time I need it. 👍

• Reocken@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

Never received any on Yandex but several on Google. Do you use a VPN? Last month, I fully quit using Google and switched over to Yandex. Google currently returns no useful results anymore.