Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart is the latest PlayStation game ported to PC. While it got attention thanks to the use of DirectStorage 1.2, its launch numbers are quite unimpressive compared to SIE’s other first-party titles on Steam.

• CIWS-30@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    11 months ago

Honestly, I found Gears 5 worse than 4. Less tight, more bloat and filler, and a totally unnecessary and slow “Open World” section where you slowly sail around a big winter map looking for collectibles and places to go. Killed the flow for me, and I couldn’t finish it, even though I was playing it on Game Pass for a fraction of the box price.

The storyline was totally ridiculous as well, total shit. And yes, that’s even considering that this is a Gears of War game.

Edit: If you want to know what’s going on in Gears of War by the way, the first game (which is remastered I think) is a good place to start for the original trilogy, and the 4th game is the start of the “New” trilogy, which is not yet completed. I’m sure Gears 6 will be out eventually, but for now it’s not out yet. If I had to choose between Gears 4 and Gears 1, I would say 1 is the better game.

• Renacles
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

I didn’t even know the first one was on PC, I’ll give it a try.