A while ago i made a post about making an AnarchyChess implementation. I just finished uploading something to github and felt it was worth a post.

I created a fork of DreamChess where you can promote to a Knook.

The code is still very much in Alpha testing phase, and i plan to make another post here when there is more playtesting and build process is better.

I would call the current version at 0.7 as there are still a few things to iron out, but a complete 1.0 release is being planned and i’ll likely make another post asking for assistance with artwork (PNG and 3d modelling in .dcm file format)

Future enhancements like Bishop going on vacation are being considered, but well on the horizon. The first release of AnarchyChess-DreamyDesktop will just allow promoting to a Knook and be humans vs humans.

for a link to the github respository, and if you have any specific questions and issues with getting it to run, please comment at https://lemmy.world/post/2369443

I’m not sure about being able to get answers to “can i build this on my system”, but if you can download and build Dreamchess from the source, i’d love if people could have a look and playtest and give feedback. Thanks.