Russia says Ukraine targeted Moscow with drones on Sunday, the latest in a series of attacks that have brought the Ukraine war to Russia’s capital.

• Mayoman68@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    11 months ago

Mate I don’t think most russian people are reading an obscure, western primarily english speaking social media site, and the ones that are are probably more likely to be against the war.

• drathvedro@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      11 months ago

👋

It takes just one journalist to see it for it to be shown on national TV. But you’re right, they are unlikely to see it on this relatively obscure social media site when there are thousands of literal nazis with ukrainian flags and checkmarks over at twitter X.com, they can just take one of their tweets X’s instead.

• Move to lemm.ee@lemmy.world
      cake
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      11 months ago

Oh of course there’s not many reading here. But the point is that this behaviour should be opposed because its normalisation here means that the users go elsewhere and normalise it there too. This is prevalent all over the place because nobody bothers to call it out and point out how unhelpful it is.

Even Navalny’s team, who I despise as the man’s a fascist, has said the same thing I’m currently saying.