• Balthasar~@feddit.de
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

As someone who has seen grass before I can confirm that this looks like grass.

No, really, it’s great!

• MadMauriceOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Thanks 😅 What do you think about the color? I think something about the color of the grass is off, but I can’t quite put my finger on it. Maybe it’s too uniform.

• OctoMatter@feddit.de
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Looks great! If I’d have to criticize something, I’d say it’s too wavey. Gras has mostely just one big bend. And that bend is often in the same direction for neighboring leafs.

• MadMauriceOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      1 year ago

Yeah I’ve received too wavey as a feedback by others too on the first iteration of this, this is actuaclly the second iteration. I guess I didn’t dial down the waveyness enough 😅

As for the direction I’ll have to play around a bit mir the settings to achieve that they line up with each other. I have not yet used a hair emitter often.

I’ll see what I can do. Thanks for the feedback 👍

• UrbenLegend@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Is this a DND gelatinous cube? Grass looks great so far, only critique would be to add some variety to the plant life (some weeds, maybe some grass blades are older and decaying, etc.) but that’s honestly up to you whether you want that sort of realism for this image.

• Balthasar~@feddit.de
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I like it!

I think if you’d put something more realistic into the scene you could hardly distinguish it from real grass!