I am new to FuckCars, and personally, I feel very much aligned to this ideology. Particularly, the amout of environmental damage the fuel consumption causes, concerns me.

However, sometimes, I feel like I am a hypocrite, because I drive a motorcycle, which again, causes pollution. But, in my defense, I always try to use my bicycle if I can, and use my motorbike only when necessary, because public transportation system isn’t great in my city. Also, the amount of pollutants my bike releases is way less when compared to a car, or even a small hatchback.

The bike in question is only 160cc, and does 30-40 km/litre (~18-25 miles/litre).

So, what is your opinion on all this, and how can I improve my situation?

• UraniumBlazer@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 months ago
    1. Don’t feel bad for using motorized vehicles, be it a car or a motorcycle. Do what is the most you can do personally. Of course, if you’re one of those big truck ppl then u’r a problem. Unfortunately, we don’t have infrastructure suitable for non motorized vehicles everywhere. Shifting the blame from governments to individuals in this case is comparable to the individual carbon footprint bs.
    2. While motorcycles are much better than cars, they’re still bad. They cause air and sound pollution. Because of their ability to go higher speeds, they make cities unsafe for pedestrians and bicyclists (basically humans). Essentially, they do all the bad things that cars do, but just with a lower magnitude.