I’ve never owned or used a fountain pen before, but I saw that these are less than $6 a piece and refill cartridges look pretty cheap too.

Are these worth buying for a first timer or are they an invitation to a souring experience for a noob?

• Dr Jekell@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    3 months ago

Saw that my local pen shop started carrying PP pens.

So bowing to peer pressure I brought a black EF along with some other goodies.

I say that EF nib for me does not write nicely on fountain pen friendly paper, it tends to slide around on the paper ending up making a scribble instead of words.

Not sure if this is down to the amount of pressure I put on the pen or if the pen I got is an outlier.

Might have to go back and get another with a fine nib.

• ericjmorey@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      3 months ago

Thanks for the feedback. I bought a fine nib version since I made the post and I have been using it on a regular graph composition notebook and I see that it bleeds through and has a lot of ghosting. I have no reference for how a fountain pen could write so I guess its alright as far as feel goes. I did order a notebook made by Midori from Amazon. It will be my first experience with a higher quality paper with the Preppy.