link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    4 months ago

Is everyone who voted for Trump in 2016 a bigoted worthless life?

Perhaps not, but January 6 left no doubt about the supporters who remained with him.

Lemmy: where everyone to the left of Biden must be a Russian Chinese Shill bot child, but let’s give actual Trumpists the benefit of the doubt.

• Synnr@sopuli.xyzOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      4 months ago

Perhaps not, but January 6 left no doubt about the supporters who remained with him.

I’m not sure about your associates, but about 1/8th of the people I know voted for Trump now claim to have not done so. They have so much shame and regret over it that they lie about ever doing it. Post-2019, most who were big Trump supporters aren’t anymore. There are still a couple doucheknuckles who have firmly twisted themselves inside the asshole of the propaganda well, but they are the loud few.

For this at least, we can be thankful.

Lemmy: where everyone to the left of Biden must be a Russian Chinese Shill bot child, but let’s give actual Trumpists the benefit of the doubt.

You and I have very different Lemmy subscriptions.

• Ensign_Crab@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        4 months ago

You and I have very different Lemmy subscriptions.

Or sufficiently different opinions that you never twig the “zomg russian!” types.

• Synnr@sopuli.xyzOP
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          4 months ago

And vice versa? I see them both, but Lemmy is more left leaning than reddit, although less political most of the time. Conversations are heating up now because it’s election season in the US. Honest question: when you browse Lemmy do you typically read from your (lemmy.world) instance, or do you read from All instances, or do you have a curated list of subs from different instances? I try to stay off the political subs, and in fact the only reason I posted this article is because someone linked to a lemmy.world politics post and I ventured into the politics sub on lemmy.world and was struck by how fierce the left/right division was. Most of Lemmy doesn’t seem to be like that, a comment here or there sure, but not constant like the politics sub.