I clicked on a link to the comment, then I keep pressing “show context” to see the comment one level higher, then I get hit with this screen…

Kinda reminds me of that news story where one person accidentally shut down the internet of an entire country…

• Ruud@lemmy.worldM
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

No, we did some rate limiting to try and fight off some attacks, but now some are too strict. We’ll tune these so they won’t bother you anymore.

• thetreesaysbark@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

Rate limiting is a measure against dos, but you hit a rate limit before a dos happens, otherwise it’s failed to do it’s job.

Rate limiting stops a specific ‘entity’ from accessing a server too many times over a certain time period.

It only blocked you because it identified that you’re hitting their servers at a higher threshold rate than server admins are comfortable with.

• lazynooblet@lazysoci.al
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

I think it’s set somewhat sensitive as it can be triggered by visiting the home page, tapping sign in, and signing in… then being rate limited for a few minutes.

• sin_free_for_00_days@sopuli.xyz
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

That show context link doesn’t do shit for me. I thought it was just a glitch in the latest update or something. It used to work.

• 001100 010010@lemmy.dbzer0.comOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

It sometimes work, sometimes doesn’t. In this case, I tried to click the show context like 5 times within 10 seconds so cloudflare didn’t like it.