reddit is shit and makes me annoyed, twitter is shit and makes me annoyed, tiktok is shit and makes me annoyed, pure news sites are boring, cracked is dead, google doesn’t work anymore, lemmy is only memes and news and fairly slow

i feel like i used to be able to sink into an activity on this machine, but now i just spend 5 minutes somewhere, the algorithm runs out of content, i get annoyed and go somewhere else, same process happens. i feel like i have amnesia, i used to enjoy this but i have no idea how.

• oxjox@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 个月前

I’ve embraced this and started reading more books and taking my health and passions more seriously. I’ve even ditched my Apple Watch and have found other ways to declutter and minimize my digital lifestyle. It’s genuinely freeing and feels fantastic.

• all-knight-party@kbin.run
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 个月前

Me too, when I left reddit I took up ebooks and hadn’t seriously read things since I was in high school. It’s been great!

• all-knight-party@kbin.run
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          4 个月前

Well, I haven’t been doing audiobooks, just ebooks, but a few I’ve enjoyed was finally reading Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, Masters of Doom (all about id Software and their early days) and the last one People Who Eat Darkness, which is a journalistic book about a murder in Japan, really well written and researched, really complex and interesting.