• AlternativeEmphasis@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

Honestly highly recommend Cyberpunk. I was never part of the hype train and played it early this year and was blown away by how much it made me like the world I was in. I might be biased though, because I watched Edgerunners first and bought it 10 minutes aftwer watching the last episode.

I can’t explain why but there’s something really special about Cyberpunk that’s a thrill. I am looking very forward to Phantom Liberty.

• Dandroid@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I was reading that the Phantom Liberty DLC is going to improve the base game as well. Would you recommend waiting until Phantom Liberty releases to play the base game, or just play it now?

• AlternativeEmphasis@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

I want to say wait for Phantom Liberty just because I hate replaying myself a lot, but if you can’t wait the game is in an excellent shape. It’s not the most deep RPG I’ve played, but if you like cyberpunk settings then Night City has you covered. The game also has some great quests and characters.

So if you are comfortable with replaying with Phantom Liberty, then go for it champ and get it now. But if you only think you have the stamina for one playthrough, the game can be quite long if you are a completionist playing the side quests and gigs, then I suggest waiting for Phantom Liberty.