• pineapplepizza@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    4 months ago

You can find a large volume knob without taking your eyes off the road or press the next track/station button. We are not asking to configure a new Bluetooth connection while driving.

• Soggy@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        4 months ago

Shit interface then. Pressing down on my volume knob pauses it, and I’ve got media controls on the steering wheel as well so I can change tracks with my left thumb keeping both hands on the wheel.

• merde alors@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        4 months ago

maybe the problem is you and not the buttons or knobs.

Are you having these issues only in your car or in other places too?

• Ookami38@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        4 months ago

If the next button is to the right of the volume knob, always, and the play button is below the volume knob, always, and the previous button is to the left of the volume knob, always, then if you can find the volume knob, you can find those other controls. It’s just a biiiiiit of learning your car’s interface.

• UxyIVrljPeRl@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          4 months ago

The play button is number 5, 4 is shuffle and 6 is repeat. the buttons for 1-6 are smooth meaning you can not discern on wich button you are without looking. Shuffle and repeat have 3 modes you switch through if you press them.

Volume Knob opens the Menu onclick.

I can type mostly blind on both a Touchscree(phone) and on a Mechanical Keyboard.

• Ookami38@sh.itjust.works
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            edit-2
            4 months ago

You can type blind on a center console touchscreen, but you can’t memorize the location of 6 buttons that don’t move? I’m not buying it, doc. Besides, the buttons should at least have a ridge where the edges of them are, even if the buttons are smooth. If they’re those shitty, completely smooth capacitive “buttons” that some electronics have anymore, I get not being able to discern them, but that’s still the same problem as the touchscreen - no tactile feedback.

I also wasn’t exactly trying to say exactly how your radio is laid out, I have no idea on your specific model. My point was that the buttons don’t move, they’re always in the same spot, so you just learn where they are.