Florida has passed a law prohibiting most automakers from selling directly to consumers, but companies without prior dealership agreements are excluded.

• FarAndAway@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Who could have predicted that a Republican would trash a long-held belief of his party (government shouldn’t be in the business of picking winners and losers) in order to directly benefit a friend of his?

While this isn’t exactly new behavior, they used to at least exhibit a modicum of discretion. Now they just let it all hang out for the world to see. And why shouldn’t they? It’s not like there’s going to be any consequences.

• Saturdaycat@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Wow, I know a lot of car companies - like Polestar and eventually Ford, are doing this. It is a better model, I hate dealing with the dealerships so much. We just purchased a new car and that was a bit of a headache. I’m helping my mom get her next car through the Costco program soon and that cuts out a lot of the headache- I hope.

• demvoter@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I hope the other car companies sue him. His approval rating is crashing. Here’s yet another reason why.

• RyanHakurei@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

That lawsuit would get smacked down. Many states that generally prohibit direct-to-consumer sales have Tesla-exemptions.