A while back, my brother and I tried out a colony with the multiplayer mod, but it didn’t really work very well. We never really got past the first few in-game days because it didn’t seem like there was enough to do to keep two people engaged, so either one person was handling everything while the other sat around, or we were stepping on top of each other.

I’m thinking of trying it again but with a multi-colony setup where we can each do our own thing, but still be able to assist the other when needed with combat support or exchanging resources/colonists and whatnot. I’m still a little concerned that it wouldn’t be that much different from playing our own singleplayer games in parallel.

Anyone got any good ideas or tips for setting up an enjoyable multiplayer game?

• EtherealMoon @lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 months ago

It’s been a while since we tried, but the main thing that seemed to cause desyncs for my wife and I were caravans, which makes it a little tough to play sometimes. But I indulged in a few more mods than were really necessary, even following the compatibility spreadsheet As vanilla as possible is probably the way to go.