• Valmond@lemmy.mindoki.com
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 months ago

Thank you! I actually thought the 5(e?) would be more complicated(and on a side note, the 2.5 more like). So thanks for simplify that for me!

• papalonian@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 months ago

Oh hey, I want to message you again in case you did not know. Most, if not all, of the DnD handbooks can be found very easily for free online. The physical books, if bought new, are very expensive, especially if you are not interested in actually playing the game. But all of the rules and information you need, you can search and find very easy.

• papalonian@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          4 months ago

Nice! When you check them out, don’t be intimidated by the lengths of the books. I don’t know what other edition books look like, but the 5e player handbook is SUPER long, but most of the book is covering things like class abilities and spells. The actual rules of the game is a very short section at the beginning and middle of the book.

• papalonian@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 months ago

No problem. Like I said, there are probably a lot of people that would disagree with me, but 5e seems to make the most logical sense to me. Once you understand the very core concepts, you can more or less figure everything out from there. There’s a lot of niche rules, but if you are just making your own game based on 5e, you can decide what you like and don’t like.