• manitcor@lemmy.intai.techOPM
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

Hi, I’m Joe, long time social media geek (all the way back to the 90s!)

I know systems like this can be confusing and frustrating and in the early phases there will be a lot of fun, I will be running a SFW instance for those wanting to use Fediverse at work or at school to access resources. The instance will assist in screening out content through settings while trying to give people wide access to the fediverse if they choose.

The topic focus is on AI (something I have been working with on and off for 7 years now) but I am already expanding it to other general tech topics and if requests other SFW topic areas as well.

In my day Job I work in the blockchain space on next generation identity technology directly addresses the the last mile lack of control and power users often find themselves stuck with. Giving strong cryptographic tools to the edge so users can fully control thier presence on the web with thier own personal tools.

My personal company is focused on consulting and AI powered products and Im working on a drop soon. In the midst of all this I had to move my link list and realized refugees would need help so here I am!

I am a father of a beautiful daughter and sole supporter of my family, looking forward to getting to know everyone!

• taters@lemmy.intai.techM
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Hey everyone! I’m Taters, one of the friendly admins here. Just a little about me: I’m a guy in my late 30’s, a proud dog dad, and while I’ve lived in a half dozen cities across the country, I’m finally settled down out in the Southwest. In my past lives, I’ve been a touring comedian’s personal sound engineer, managed a country music production studio in Nashville Tennessee, and even created a blockchain-based project to contribute to food assistance by supplying my state with tons (and I mean TONS) of potatoes (hence the name).

I’ve been fascinated by AI science and theory ever since I was a kid and read Kurzweil’s “Age of Spiritual Machines,” which had a huge impact on me. Fast forward a couple of decades, and I’ve developed a passion for everything AI-related, across all sorts of vertical sectors. Lately, I’ve been focusing on prompt engineering with GPT-4 models, and I’ve discovered some incredible techniques thanks to the help of friends.

I’m currently working on a few different projects in the areas of insurance, publishing and online learning. I’m excited to have an AI community to share all my news with.

So, if you ever want to chat about AI, don’t hesitate to reach out! I’m always up for discussing ethics, news, tools, or anything else AI-related. Looking forward to getting to know you all, and thanks for being here!