Hi, I need to download like 500GB to 1TB of mp3 music, it doesn’t matter from which streaming service to pirate, I just need a tool which can categorize in folders by artist/playlist name and Title.mp3 archives,

Which tool will you recommend to do this task fast and easy?

I would like the highest quality of mp3(I know mp3 isn’t the best format but I need compatibility and best quality so I will go for mp3 at highest bitrate)

Thx in advice.

Edit: I’m currently using yt-dlp but it’s slow as hell and I don’t know how to do the categorization, so I will appreciate a better tool recommendation.

• nivellian@lemmy.dbzer0.com
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    4 months ago

Check out zotify which literally rips audio directly from Spotify and by default creates folders by artist, album and track title name. Also prefer m4a (aac) over mp3 for better audio quality especially at low to mid bitrates. Also wanna note here if you don’t have premium accounts, YouTube audio is only 128kbps aac and spotify is only ~160kbps ogg, so saving in maximum quality mp3 is overkill, go for a bitrate that is slightly above the original.

• B0rax@feddit.de
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 months ago

Wow, finally a solution that directly downloads Spotify. And even without premium (so it could be used with burner accounts).

Thanks! (It is worth noting that Spotify has quite a lot of audiobooks)

• B0rax@feddit.de
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          4 months ago

Has not been an issue for me for hundreds of audiobook chapters… sometimes I need to start it again, but as it skips already downloaded files it has not been an issue.

• mydude@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    4 months ago

I gave up downloading when I found out there were many open source yt-music front-ends. I use ViMusic. But to answer your question, I think I would find a torrent or five to download a couple of collections, if I were you. Probably easiest.