Info for anyone switching from gdrive to dropbox like me, know that there may be a weekly upload limit of 8TB.

• narwhal@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

The words “unlimited”, “as much as you want”, etc have lost all of their meanings lol

• restlessyetOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      11 months ago

It would not be for me, but they just sent me this chat message which is concerning:

We are currently seeing unexpected growth across Dropbox Advanced, and as a result are currently only able to grant 1 TB per month per team. We understand this may be frustrating and are working to resolve this for our customers.

• ISometimesAdmin@the.coolest.zone
    cake
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

I have the advanced plan as well, and I was recently doing my migration from gdrive; I definitely uploaded over 10 TB a day without any issue.

But seconding what others have said: is that really even an issue? Gdrive only ever allowed 750 GB a day for upload, if you remember.

• Nogami@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    11 months ago

Interesting. I wasn’t aware of that. It won’t impact me personally however I think I may be switching to OneDrive in the future. I get it free through work and am paying $180 a year or so for Dropbox. They’re so close in functionality now that it doesn’t seem worth paying for DB anymore.