I have installed i2pd from the Manjaro package, and everything seems to be working fine, I can access i2p sites without problem. However I can’t access my local console and everything that entails because I get the the following error

Proxy error: Outproxy failure

Host 127.0.0.1 is not inside I2P network, but outproxy is not enabled

I have tried enabling the outproxy (or at least uncommenting all the lines that include the word outproxy in the default i2pd.conf, and setting outproxy.enabled = true), it makes no difference

I’m using foxyproxy to enable and disable the proxy as needed. If it’s disabled, or if I use firefox’s internal proxy settings, I get s standard “firefox can’t find this site” page, so it’s clearly doing something!

This is probably a really obvious mistake I’m making with a three second fix, but I have hit a wall and don’t know what I’m doing!

• immibis@social.immibis.com
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

@ReCursing @i2p You are trying to access 127.0.0.1 through I2P. This doesn’t work because I2P can only be used to access I2P sites. I guess this is occurring in your web browser. Use a browser that is not using I2P as a proxy, or if it has a list of addresses to not use the proxy for, you can put 127.0.0.1 (and anything else you want to not go through I2P) on that list

• ReCursing@kbin.socialOP
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

@immibis (hope I got that link right - I can see your responses on lemmy.world from immibis.social.com but they’ve not propagated to kbin yet - this whole federation this is really new to me and rather cool, but clearly not quite flawless yet!)

I have now set up foxyproxy to access all *.i2p links through the i2p proxy and all others (including explicitly 127.0.0.1) without. Now I can access i2p links fine and regular links fine in the same browser.

Until five seconds ago I was not able to access the web console, then I thought to check the config file and it turns out the default port is not, as was stated elsewhere, 7657, but 7070, and it seems to be working fine!

Still, without this problem I’d not have sorted foxyproxy so that I can access both networks in the same browser.

Thank you for your help!