https://github.com/ad-on-is/resticity

Hey guys,

I’ve been building a frontend for restic the past couple of weeks, and it’s at the stage where the app is finally ready and usable. So I wanted to share it with the world. Oh, and it’s FOSS of course.

It’s intended to be used either as a cross-platform desktop app (built using wails) or to be run in a Docker container, for homelab uses, etc.

PRs and feature requests are more than welcome :-)

Right now, I could also use some help for distributing it across the different platforms, AUR, Flatpak, etc.

I hope you guys like it. Cheers!

• d3Xt3r@lemmy.nzM
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 months ago

This looks nice, good job!

On a related note, does anyone have any good reasons as to why I should be using Restic instead of Borg? (my Borg backups are all local btw - generally they’re snapshots of various projects I’m working on, so I don’t need any cloud features).

• trevor@lemmy.blahaj.zone
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 months ago

I like restic because everything seems to happen client-side, and the client pushes the encrypted backups to the server without having to install restic on the back end.

That said, I’ve never needed to restore my data with either backup solution, so I can’t speak to the validity of the backups.

• Buckshot@programming.dev
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 months ago

I use restic but I switched from Borg because of the cloud features. Outside of that, there’s not a lot of differences really. If you’re happy with Borg keep with it.