• atk007@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    4 months ago

Korea is extremely class conscious and people treat people differently based on perceived wealth. iPhone being considerably expensive than Samsung offerings in Korea is an instant wealth signifier and having an iPhone means you are perceived as upper rich class than those pesky poor Samsung, which is now associated with old people or who couldn’t afford an iPhone.

• Diplomjodler@feddit.de
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    4 months ago

I bought exactly one Samsung phone in my life. It was mostly fine but all the uninstallable crapware made me never want to buy another one.

• BearOfaTime@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      4 months ago

Samsung is great like apple is great.

Great design. Can be great hardware. But damn if both of them don’t like to tie your hands.

• kevincox@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 months ago

Yeah, I quite like Samsung hardware, but everything they make is just bloated ad-filled crap. From phones to TVs I wouldn’t touch them. Only things like low-level components that can’t possibly have ads injected. (The day a Samsung NVME SSD has ads will be a sad day)

• sgibson5150@slrpnk.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    4 months ago

I’m fascinated that at the time of this writing, this post has 17 upvotes and 41 downvotes. The article is consistent with other reporting I’ve seen recently on this topic and it would seem to fit the community. Why all the downvotes?

• BraveSirZaphod@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      4 months ago

I’m gonna take a wild guess that most Lemmy people use Android, and the suggestion that someone might prefer an iPhone is triggering to someone whose sense of superiority comes from their choice of operating system for some reason.

• APassenger@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 months ago

Down votes don’t mean what people think. Down votes mean:

• bad source
      • incorrect content (I disagree)
      • doesn’t contribute meaningfully
      • made me feel bad in some way
  • LainTrain@lemmy.dbzer0.com
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    4 months ago

Bruh. It’s not surprising though, Samsungs just suck and it was a mistake on Google’s part to allow them to continue representing the brand in any meaningful way to the normies while all the nerds had the best of both worlds on pixels

EDIT: why even downvote me lol I like android (at least before 12 🤮), just not samsung

• deegeese@sopuli.xyz
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      4 months ago

I think Google deserves a lot of blame for Android’s problems, but Samsung’s failures are their own.

• ForgotAboutDre@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        4 months ago

Your right. Google has wasted a lot of potential. They are too short sighted. When they do have good long term vision and goals, they abandon them far to early.

Additionally, the guise has dropped. They are aggressively harvesting data and constructing Android to harvest more and more.

• LainTrain@lemmy.dbzer0.com
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        4 months ago

True, ‘material you’ is Google’s own disaster and honestly the company has been downhill since the Pixel 2