PipeWire 0.3.76 (2023-07-28) This is a quick bugfix release that is API and ABI compatible with previous 0.3.x releases.

Highlights

Fix a regression that would cause the MPV pipewire backend to fail because of a spurious thread-loop signal. Fix a crash when DBus is not found. ALSA hires timestamps are now disabled by default. Some more fixes and improvements.

PipeWire

A new option was added to pw-thread-loop to signal when the thread starts. This is only used in module-rt to avoid regressions in mpv. (#3374) Fix a compilation problem. Stream flags now only set the properties when not already set. This fixes a regression with node autoconnect. (#3382)

Tools

pw-cat will now stop when the stream is disconnected. (#2731) Improve the pw-cat man page, mention that stdin/stdout handling is only on raw data.

modules

module-rt will now not crash when dbus is not available but error out as before. A new VBAN (vb-audio.com) sender and receiver was added. (#3380)

SPA

Add an option in audioconvert to disable volume updates. (#3361) ALSA hires timestamps are disabled by default because many drivers seem to give wrong timestamps and cause extra delay.

bluetooth

LE Audio support is now enabled by default when liblc3 is available now that bluez has support for detecting the hardware features.

• mcc@waveform.social
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

This is new to me, I’m interested to learn about it. Can it handle many-IO sound cards? (Like, 16in/16out)

• hummelOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

It sure can if it is supported. If the interface is usb class compliant there shouldnt be a problem. I use the Behringer models (up to 8in/out) and they work like a charm!

• ChappIO@waveform.social
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

I’ve used it with multiple 18i20s at the same time!

Thanks to PipeWire (or jack) you’re not even limited to a single audio interface. Though for proper recording work you’ll probably want to use a single interface so that you have a single clock.