I’ve encountered this several times now, and unless I’m missing something, I can’t find it. I’d like to be able to select a portion of the text from the person I’m replying to from within the reply box. If I hit reply to someone and start typing out a response I should be able to select portions of their text to copy into mine. I know there’s an option to select their text from the comments page, but once I’ve already started typing a reply I’ve either got to abandon it to be able to select some of their text, or copy my reply to another window, then go and copy their text and blend them together. Would be great if we had the option right there on the reply page. Thanks.

Edit: Also, I just remembered the function in Apollo that gave you the option to save your reply every time you chose to leave the reply window. That was amazing, but I have no idea if it’s something that could be added to this without major hassle. But as long as we’re making requests…

• aeharding@lemmy.worldM
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

I just added this, should be in the next release! Unfortunately iOS is a little buggy and you have attempt selection twice to get it to stick. Works perfect in Android though.