Celebrity conspiracy theorists and pseudoscience promoters with ties to Russian state-run media outlets. In case there weren’t already enough of those candidates.

• Cogency@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    4 months ago

Any vote that does not prevent Trump from being president is a vote for a Trump/Putin collaborator.

• distantsounds@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      4 months ago

Don’t you think this would pull MAGA morons, not people voting D? He’s just splitting the idiots up and I’m ok with that.

• Nobody@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 months ago

Why not Joe Rogan? Seems like a match made in heaven. They’ll pull Trump voters and set the stage for an actual third party.

• DocMcStuffin@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 months ago

Can we get the long list? Would love to know who the celebrity conspiratorial nut jobs are without having to do any work.

• eran_morad@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    4 months ago

RFK JR/Deez Nuts 2024.

But, on a more serious note, this is going to pull MAGAts more than Biden voters.

• rjthyen@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      4 months ago

Do you think so? I don’t really know much if we dive in that deep, but I have seem some polls side by side with Biden/Trump as the options and Biden/Trump/RFK and they seem to me like Biden loses more support than Trump when RFK is included.

Edit for source, although I don’t know enough about stats to support any of my opinions, but I assume I see two different polls that I assume count the same respondents and both look to me like RFK pulled more from Biden than Trump

• Asidonhopo@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    4 months ago

I guess I had Mandela Effect about Jesse Ventura, I was sure he passed away in the mid 2010s

• MoonMelon@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 months ago

You might be remembering Sonny Landham, who was a costar of Ventura in Predator, hosted many shit takes, and also tried to break into politics.

• Flying Squid@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        4 months ago

It’s still sort of amazing that Ventura got as far as he did. I remember Al Franken in one of his books talking about how everyone in Minnesota went through a bout of temporary insanity.