I’ve created a quick script to copy your communities from one account to another. Useful when switching instances.

• nieceandtows@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Thanks for this. I need a tool to copy subscriptions over to a different account. Is there something like that?

• MoreCoffee@sh.itjust.worksOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      1 year ago

I’m not sure what you mean, that’s what this tool does. It will login to your main account, get a list of all your subscribed communities and subscribe to them on a new account on any instance that you specify.

• Fubarberry@lemmy.fmhy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Thanks! I made a backup Lemmy account (for if my main instance went down or had other issues) so the idea of being able to easily move communities over is great.

• subtext@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

This is exactly what I was hoping for! I’ve created a few subtext@‘s to try out the different servers and would love to be able to sync my subscriptions.

• colifloro@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I just tried and It works great! may I suggest to accept multiple destination accounts? perhaps with a config file, instead of a parameter? that way can be also possible to automate synchronizing the accounts that in multiple instances. Thanks for all the work.

• darmok@darmok.xyz
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I was just thinking about doing something like to migrate some of my communities over (and was even planning on writing it in Python). Just ran it and it worked perfectly. Thank you, this saved me a bunch of time!