• Tinks@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 months ago

Effectively yes, however numerous studies have shown that not all work hours are actually productive. The idea is that you remove some of those unproductive hours, which makes employees happier, and productivity, employee satisfaction and retention increases naturally as a result.

The large scale trial of a shortened work week in the UK resulted in great success and 92% of companies decided to keep the new hours after the trial ended, with 30% already having committed to making it permanent.

The benefits to the employees is fairly obvious, but the employer gains by having less retraining, employees are more focused and less mentally exhausted, employees require less time off. The end result is that companies did in fact see increased productivity during the trial, and most companies reported increased YoY revenue growth.

Seems counter intuitive, but 61 companies tried it, and most liked it!

• wathek@discuss.online
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 months ago

Anecdotal but i know i am way more productive when there has been or will be a holiday, for two weeks. I also noticed i feel a lot less drained working 38 hour jobs than 40 hour job, and generally do less at the 40 hour job. So i find it easy to believe this adds up. For an employer it’s hard to see this of course, they just see the raw output of the one thing they’ve been doing.