This probably isn’t possible, but I traded in an old MacBook Air and chose to get the cash added to my Apple account. However, at the minute it just pays some of my subscriptions automatically, and I was wondering if I can withdraw it somehow?

I was looking to buy a few apps (Swish, Transmit) and figured I could get them off the Mac App Store. But Swish isn’t on there and the App Store version of Transmit doesn’t seem worth it compared to getting it directly from their website.

So wondered if I could somehow transfer the cash from my Apple account but guessing the answer is “no”?

• nnullzz@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 months ago

By “Apple account” do you mean the Apple Cash wallet? Because if so, they have an option to transfer money from there to a bank account.

• schmurnan@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 months ago

No, we don’t have Apple Cash here in the UK for some reason.

If I go to the App Store on either my iPhone or Mac and click on my profile pic, I can see I have a balance. Because I selected Apple Store credit when I traded in my Mac it just credited my Apple ID with money.

If possible I’d like to transfer it out of there, to buy software directly from the respective websites for Swish and Transmit.