Been iterating a bit on my revxlp design, and a frequent request is for a 10u/“5 col” version.

Finally did a build of the first protos, and it’s working great! I want to do a few tweaks for the newly added ability to use the single color LEDs for either per -key or bottom backlighting, once that’s done I’ll formally release the changes.

This particular build was half soldered by our elder daughter, and she fully assembled post-soldering including keycap selection. I love the look she chose, which she said “reminded her of a sunset over the water”

• 10u revxlp
  • XIAO RP2040 running ZMK
  • Keycaps:
    • MBK: dyes from MKU and factory dyes from LowProKB
    • Asymplex convex 1u artisans for the bottom row
  • Choc whites
  • MJF nylon case print from JLC
    • petejohanson@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

10 work has been merged. I’ve got a bit more docs work to do on the new optional bottom facing single color LEDs, I would skip those for now.

link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          11 months ago

Yes. The PCB and pick and place files all look good. Does seem that JLC now doesn’t have the threaded solder nuts in 2mm height for some reason, so you’d need to source those along w/ the hotswap socket, and any other parts they get grumpy about.

link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          11 months ago

Sorry about that. Fixed!

Let me double check the PCBA files… I didn’t get the 10u protos assembled, but they should be fine.

• hansamann (he/him)@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            11 months ago

Awesome, you deserve thx so much. I will try again soon as some of the components are not available, indeed. Would be nice to get it assembled fully.

link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              11 months ago

Do remember that even with assembly on the bottom, you still need to solder the controller sockets, pogos, and battery connector.

link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

It’s in a branch of the repo until I can address one or two minor issues, and some docs additions needed.