I only burnt the rice a little bit.

• FeatherConstrictor@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

Sometimes timers aren’t enough. I set a frozen pizza in the oven, put a 7 minute timer on my Google home, but I was in the middle of a game and absent minded my turned off the alarm when it went off without realizing that the pizza was done and I need to grab it. 45 minutes later I’m wondering how long 7 minutes can truly be and why it smells like burnt pizza.

I got a little old fashioned wind up kitchen timer since the sound is different than the timer I use for anything else. Idk if it helps.

• CoderKat@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

I think for cooking, it’s important to have habits. I don’t turn off the alarm until I’m physically getting up. I try to avoid cooking when gaming, too. Or at least try to avoid any gaming situation where I couldn’t quickly leave to cook. It’s actually something I wish PC games could copy from consoles. Every modern console can pause anywhere, which isn’t possible in some PC games and makes it easier for me to take breaks.

• FeatherConstrictor@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

I play mostly online competitive games which you can’t pause on console either haha. Yeah I’ve gotta built better habits for sure but I do slip up here and there.