• Björn Tantau@swg-empire.de
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 months ago

Yeah, it was. They even said so in the movie. It could only have been more obvious if Lana Wachowski had looked into the camera and said: “Yes, I am only making this movie so that the studio doesn’t make it worse.”

• volvoxvsmarla @lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        4 months ago

This is actually why I think it is “underrated”. I mean it isn’t a good movie or even a good story to begin with, but this insanity seems so intentional, so meta, so self destructive - it’s worth seeing.

Also, call me crazy but I think that it would have made an unironically interesting theater play. A lot of scenes scream theater and would have worked much better in that setting. The whatshisname the french guy blabbing his monologue during that fighting scene is so obviously theatrical, and the clips from the first movie being projected in a theater would also work with just half the cringe.

• CitizenKong@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      4 months ago

I like the theory that she purposefully make it so bad the franchise was killed but in a way that executives would still think it’s a great movie that will make a lot of money.