• merthyr1831@lemmy.world
    cake
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    4 months ago

Maybe I’m a bit anal but it really does just sound like what we already knew.

I’ve used KDE Neon for a while as a typical end user and it works solidly. You get the nice upgrade cadence for the kernel and software, but rolling release for the one thing I care about in my distro - the desktop!

I will say, that if they don’t want to encourage people using KDE Neon as end users (I think it’s just a disclaimer but whatever) I wouldn’t ship it as the default distro for the KDE Slimbook; which is marketed at end users!

• TangoUndertow@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 months ago

Yep, definitely what we already knew. I’m surprised to hear it’s the default on the Slimbooks actually; that sounds like exactly what they were trying to avoid with the way they pitched Neon.

I agree on Neon being great, I love KDE’s pace of updates. I read Nate’s blog every week religiously. I’m spoiled to the AUR these days, though. Just for that I can’t go back to non-arch based distro. Been rocking Manjaro and have the least headaches out of anything I’ve tried.