• Kusimulkku@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        3 months ago

I’m too used to nano, switching for micro for a while I was constantly using nano key combos and making a mess of things.

Stockholm syndrome from key combos lol

• Kusimulkku@lemm.ee
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            3 months ago

It would just be a bit funny since sensible keybindings was one of the reasons I originally switched. Turns out I had already used nano too long for me to actually want that feature hah.

• kautau@lemmy.world
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              3 months ago

Haha very true, if micro was the default, many people coming from common GUI apps would be like “okay, ctrl z to undo” and “ctrl s to save” “wow, it actually worked”

• Kusimulkku@lemm.ee
                link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                ·
                3 months ago

Absolutely. It would make sense as the default instead of nano (or vim of all things). Would help those who are just starting with Linux.

• kautau@lemmy.world
                  link
                  fedilink
                  arrow-up
                  ·
                  3 months ago

Def! I sort of wish the RFC committee would push standards for smart cross-platform shortcuts. Of course people with muscle memory in a different standard should be able to change for their usage, but even GUI apps like vscode, sublime text, IntelliJ, etc could benefit from standardization there

• kautau@lemmy.world
                  link
                  fedilink
                  arrow-up
                  ·
                  edit-2
                  3 months ago

True, but one keyboard shortcut doesn’t make for an easy transition. Unless nano is has implemented or is planning on implementing on ctrl o,z,f,y,q etc