• GeneralVincent@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    3 months ago

Yeah I can see how that’s funny. And I get the irony of the picture. I personally think it’s not in good taste, but I’m not trying to yuck anyone’s yum or cancel someone’s humor. Just explain why some of us don’t like it and try to understand why so many people downvoted the original person who disagreed.

It really seems to be getting more divisive and less welcoming on Lemmy the longer I’m here

• kense@lmmy.dk
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      3 months ago

It really seems to be getting more divisive and less welcoming on Lemmy the longer I’m here

Never tolerate intolerance.
      If you don’t like people making fun of a dictator on a massive killing/kidnapping spree, this place is most definitely not for you…

• GeneralVincent@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        3 months ago

What?? That’s the weirdest way to twist my words I’ve seen. Please, make fun of him. I don’t tolerate his bigotry.

I’m saying there are good ways and bad ways to make fun of him. Some people, including me, think this isn’t the best way to do it. Some people think it is. But yeah, maybe this place isn’t for me. It’s becoming too much like reddit imo

• beardown@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        3 months ago

Theyre using homophobia to mock a dictator. Which is still homophobia.

Using racism to depict Xi as a stereotypical Chinaman would still be racism, even if he is a dictator. Using antisemitic caricatures to depict Netanyahu as inherently untrustworthy would be antisemitic even if he is running a genocide with US weapons.

Stereotypes and slurs don’t become acceptable just because they’re used against our enemies. This image of Putin should be banned and any posts containing it should be removed under hate speech and anti-homophobia rules