• Bri Guy @sopuli.xyz
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    11 months ago

Can anyone speak on the state of this game? I’ve never been that curious about it but with all the additions of cult classic characters, I’m starting to get intrigued

• SamSpudd@lemmy.lukeog.com
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

Agreed, I hoped back into it a week ago just to try it out, and felt as balanced as it was, so no complaints

• LegendofDragoon@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

Yeah that’s the thing, there’s no way for a perfect balance, just because of how many different styles of gameplay there are. What they have is good, I think.

• Katana314@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

I can’t say I think the game will ever be “balanced”, and I’m aware some strats are much stronger than others. Even then, there’s complaints about particular strategies being far more “un-fun” than even some of the OP strategies out there.

Specifically, this would refer to techniques that can drag out the game, or that demand little to no skillful play from one side.

• Lemmitor@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

You’ve got lots of responses here but I’ll throw my opinion in anyway. I love horror movies so the idea of the game really appealed to me. When I played it, I quickly learned that it was very very meta focused. It doesn’t play like you’re a killer on the hunt or a victim fighting for your life. It boils down to abusing the same several strategies or risk getting flamed by your lobby.

I have friends that still play it and when I watch, it seems like not much has changed but new content being added.

• Dellyjonut@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

Never played it but from what I hear it’s pretty competitive and meta based. Everyone knows what moves and strategies everyone else is going to use based on their characters. I do love me a xenomorph though, I wonder how they’ll balance it

• krellor@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

It’s a lot of fun with friends or casual players. Gets less fun if you end up in a lobby with folks that take it serious.

• RotaryKeyboard@lemmy.ninja
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

I just started playing it for the first time a few weeks ago. Bought it in the Steam Summer Sale. It was really frustrating at first, but that’s because I was playing a survivor and I’m much more suited for the killers. But I kept with it and I think it’s quite fun. No toxicity, quick matches, and interesting available strategies. I really like it.