SOLVED The serial settings are fine, I just had the wrong display type defined in the firmware. I’m a very paranoid person apparently.

Thanks everyone.

Original post:

I have acted recklessly and now I need help.

I tried to update my Ender 3 Pro with an SKR V1.3 to Marlin 2.1 and I tried to skip some steps.

I couldn’t find a v1.3 example in the configurations repo so I used a v1.4 instead because it had the right processor.

I changed some stuff over but didn’t give it a thorough look and I didn’t change the SERIAL_PORT 1 and 2 settings.

When I tried to load the new firmware from the SD card the screen was blank and it hasn’t worked since.

The firmware file changed to a .elf so it maybe installed?

I wonder if I can even load via the SD if I’ve super messed up it’s serial config. I tried some other firmware versions plus BigTreeTech’s from 3 years ago but I don’t think they’re being read.

If I’ve messed up those serial configs I wonder how I could undo it without the SD card. Help…

P.s. does anyone have a copy of Marlin 2.1 that works with the SKR V1.3 or the config files for that board on the Ender 3 Pro?

Catch you on the flip side 😎 👉👉

• MoonlitCringe@sh.itjust.worksOP
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

Thanks for the suggestions, you were right about the SD card being fine, it was just dodgy display settings on my part.