I was printing PLA, it looks ok up to a certain height (although it was warping slightly), but then it becomes ugly. I will do a test print of the same height, butaybe you already have an idea.

• TheYang@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    3 months ago

Looks like a partial clogged nozzle to me.

Just happened to happen at that height. If I’m right it should Start at the bottom on the next print as well.

Cold pull should be the solution.

• everydaybananasOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      3 months ago

Thanks, maybe it was just tangled filament 🤔, but I will do a cold pull anyways.

• FaceDeer@fedia.io
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    3 months ago

Maybe something got stuck in the nozzle, partly clogging it. Try cleaning it. A trick I often use is to start the nozzle preheating and then yank the filament out of it as soon as it becomes warm enough for that to be possible, that usually pulls whatever crud was stuck in the nozzle out along with it.

• everydaybananasOP
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    3 months ago

Maybe it was just tangled filament?🤔

White my test print from afterwards (after unspooling the last two meters from my first self rolled spool 😅), grey a print from a few days ago.

• MrScruff@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    3 months ago

Depending on your printer the z axis lead screw might need cleaning and lubrication. I would get this on my ender 5 plus occasionally at a given height if the lead screw needed cleaned.

• ID0@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

Looks like a clog, could be caused by too much retraction, too high temp combined with too low print speeds resulting with the filament being cooked inside the nozzle.