Currently working a remote job that I hate. Management takes micromanagement to a whole new level. They’re based in the US so I get paid in Dollar but I also don’t have any legal protection.

I’ve got a side hustle (videography) that I’m trying to build into my main gig.

My previous experience has been in tech (in various roles). Ranging from customer support/content moderation to management. I also have some more technical experience with automation.

My LinkedIn is up-to-date but I don’t seem to be getting past the automated systems and to the interview stage

EDIT: My instance (lemdro.id) is having issues with lemmy.world so I don’t always see the updates from lemmy.world straight away. It’s generally about a 6 hour delay.

EDIT 2: I’ve created another account on Lemmy.World (@governorkeagan_@lemmy.world) so that I can interact here while my instance fixes the federation issue.

• Kahizzle@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    3 months ago

I know a lot of people give out about them but I’ve had a lot of luck getting into various recruiters over the years.

They do their best to find a role for you and they don’t just chuck any old job at you. They don’t get paid if the person they placed ends up leaving so they have to make sure you’ll at least last six months.

Also I hate the site but LinkedIn is very good for finding roles and for being found by companies and recruiters. Get that up to date with any experience and qualifications you have and set up some job alerts. The automated applications are a dose, haven’t had much luck with them myself. I normally just find the roles through LinkedIn and see if the same job spec is on the company’s website and apply through that.

• governorkeagan@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      3 months ago

I’m onto two recruiters at the moment. One of them got me some work in the past (she generally deals with contract work).

I’ve never really had much luck with getting a job through LinkedIn. It’s updated (spent a bunch time on it while unemployed end of last year) and I’ve got a couple alerts going. I’ll try your tip of applying directly through the company.

I feel like I’m being screwed with the automated application systems.

• governorkeagan@lemdro.idOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      3 months ago

That was an interesting read, I don’t have anything but personal experience to back me up but I’m sure the same thing is happening here.