I don’t get it. The only possibility for searching is the ‘search’ button at the bottom. But that just searches through all community names.

How can I do the same for post titles or whole discussions? Am I missing something? Thanks a lot.

• velox_vulnus@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    3 months ago

Yes, it is missing on Jerboa.

Thunder is probably the only app that has implemented search properly. But it’s performance is not the best - it is very slow, and feels like as if I’m using electron app.

Jerboa is very performant, but I’m not a fan of not having to opt out of tap gesture. Similarly, Eternity is also performant, but I don’t like it for it’s messy UI and improperly categorized settings page.

• feinstruktur@lemmy.mlOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      3 months ago

Thanks for the feedback. To add to the clients: Voyager has implemented a quite well working search function, but got veeery slow on Firefox recently. But it’s important to mention that (my guess) this behavior is not Voyager’s fault, but conspiracy on rather Firefox’ requests are handled with lower priority… Yep, just a personal feeling, nothing I could prove.

• MV [Jerboa dev]@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        3 months ago

As in Lemmy deprioritizes it? It definitely doesn’t, you can always change ur user agent to chrome. Would make it pretty much impossible detect it.

• feinstruktur@lemmy.mlOP
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          3 months ago

No no, I don’t mean Lemmy. I’m talking of external links. It feels like some server replies are not as responsive once I use Firefox, while chrome-based browsers react very fast.